Green Infrastructure: Best Management Practices for On-site Stormwater Management
OCT 25, DAY 1: Interactive Workshop
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
• Review BMPs suitable for all types of development and retrofits & how to prioritize based on capacity for water quality treatment
Become familiar with SLOPES V (Standard Local Operating Procedures for Endangered Species) and LID implementation
• Understand the relationship between green infrastructure and climate resiliency
• Learn effective communication strategies for your LID project team and LID public education
OCT 26, DAY 2: Technical Field Class
9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
To join us in the field, you must attend the Day 1: Interactive Workshop.
• Identify potential LID BMP locations and prioritize based on existing land development
• Identify pollutant sources surrounding existing LID BMPs
• Discuss site BMP regulations and incentives and identify public outreach opportunities
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Private & Public:
• Building Officials
• Landscape & Construction Contractors
• Landscape Architects
• Maintenance Staff
• Plans Reviewers
• Water Quality Outreach & Advocacy Staff
• Water Quality Program Managers
WHERE: Mill Casino, 3201 Tremont St (Tremont Street at Hwy 101), North Bend, Oregon 97459
COST: Coffee, tea, and light snacks provided both days. $50 for Day 1 (lunch included). $85 for both days. Please bring brown bag lunch for Day 2 or bring cash so we can help you order sandwiches on Day 1.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Hotel rooms are available for an additional $85/night or $95/night at the Mill Casino. Please contact the Mill Casino directly to make arrangements with Barbara Dunham, Senior Sales Representative,
The Mill Casino • Hotel & RV Park 541-756-8800 ext. 1490.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS: The technical field class is pre-approved for 5 LCB credits (for contractors licensed through the Landscape Contracting Board of Oregon). You may also apply for other credits through your respective licensing organizations, using the learning objectives listed below.
Maria Cahill, Principal
Green Girl Land Development Solutions
Maria Cahill owns a certified woman-owned business, Green Girl Land Development Solutions LLC, and has 17 years of experience in green land development projects in civil engineering and landscape architecture firms. Maria provides technical assistance and builds the capacity of land development professionals to create healthy, resilient communities. Maria has facilitated numerous trainings on green infrastructure topics to various audiences, from homeowners to jurisdictional staff, in locations throughout the U.S. making complex topics understandable.
With Teaching Assistance From:
Oregon State University
Topic: Public Outreach & Communication, Policy
Oregon Department of Transportation
Topic: BMPs for transporation systems
Oregon State Universtiy Extension
Topic: Watershed health & vegetated stormwater facilities (rain gardens, stormwater planters, and LID swales)